Telstra SNP Monitoring Pty Ltd (referred to in this document as we, us or our) recognises that your privacy is very important and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect from you. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) govern how we have to manage your personal information and this policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage personal information about you.
The kinds of information we collect and hold
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold a range of different information about you. This can include your name, date of birth, contact details (including address, email address, phone number or mobile telephone number), occupation, driver’s licence number, username or password, financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) and information about how you use our products and services.
This is not an exhaustive list. For example, we may sometimes need to collect additional information as part of a user authentication process, such as when you want to speak to one of our customer service personnel who needs to access your account.
How we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (such as where you provide information to us when you complete an application form or agreement for one of our services, or contact us with a query or request);
- from third parties such as our related entities, business partners, wholesale or other customers, or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from credit check organizations;
- from our records of how you use our products or services; and
- from the third parties we list in the section of this Statement with the heading “When we disclose your personal information”.
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and linked websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
If you choose not to provide certain information about you, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we hold your personal information
We may store your personal information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take the privacy and security of your personal information seriously and we are committed to maintaining the security of your personal information under our control. We use a combination of technical solutions, security controls and internal processes to help us protect your personal information and our network from unauthorised access and disclosure.
While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the range of information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for a range of different purposes, including:
- to verify your identity and for fraud checking;
- to provide products and services to you, to provide you with information about those products and services to assist you with enquiries or purchases, to enhance your experience with us, or to provide you with better customer service; and
- to administer and manage the products and services we provide to you, to charge and bill you for them, and to collect any amounts you may owe us.
How we use your personal information for direct marketing
We may also use your personal information so that we, our related entities, dealers and other business partners can promote and market products, services and special offers that we think will be of interest to you (which may include products, services and offers provided by a third party). This marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways (including by email, SMS/MMS, or social media or by customising online content and displaying advertising on websites) and may continue after you cease acquiring any products or services from us until you opt-out. You may opt out by calling us on 1300 29 29 22
or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
When we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who provide services to us, including organisations and contractors that assist us with the purposes for which we use your information. These services include:
- customer enquiries;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- mailing operations, billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services; and
- market research, marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to your authorised representatives or advisers, or when you ask us to do so;
- to fraud-checking agencies;
- as required or authorised by law, including to law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities;
- to third parties who assist us to manage or develop our business and corporate strategies and functions, including our corporate risk or funding functions; and
- for the purposes of facilitating or implementing a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business.
How to access or correct your personal information or make a privacy complaint
If you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact us using the contact details set out in the How to contact us section of this Statement, so that we can consider and respond to your request. We may apply an administrative charge for providing access to your personal information in response to a request.
You may also use these contact details to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against us, including if you think that we have failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) or any binding APP code that has been registered under the Privacy Act. We are committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner and will give you an estimated timeframe for when we will respond to your complaint.
While we hope that we will be able to resolve any complaints you may have without needing to involve third parties, you may also be able to lodge a complaint with the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
If we do so, we will post the updated version on our website (http://www.telstrasnp.com.au/privacy-policy.html) and it will apply to all of your personal information held by us at the time.
How to contact us